WATER DEPARTMENT POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
We welcome you as a customer to the City of Muskogee Water, Sewage and
Sanitation Departments, and would like to acquaint you with some of our policies
- Office hours for the Water Dept. are: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(Mon - Fri)
Billing Office: 918-682-6602
Emergency Service: 918-682-5021
After Hours, Weekend, and Holidays --- there will be a
$45.00 after hours fee charged to your account if the problem is on your side
of the meter. After Hours start at 4:30 p.m. and end at 8:00 a.m. the next
- When starting a new account, a deposit is
required. Meter deposits can only be made by the person in whose name the
account will be held. Identification and a rental agreement or proof of ownership or purchase is required!
There will also be an activation fee of $10.00 on the first bill.
- Deposits are returned at the end of service. Refund checks can be made to the
account holder only.
- When transferring an account from one location to another, a $10.00 fee is
- Utility bills are expected to be paid by 5:00 p.m. on the due date,
which is approximately fourteen days from the bill date. Payments received
after 5:00 p.m. of the due date, are assessed a 10% penalty and will
be subject to cut off within fourteen days. If you feel you have not received
your bill in a timely manor, contact the billing office at 682-6602 for a
duplicate copy. There is a .50¢ charge to your account for each duplicate
- Pay plans may be available if requested before cut off date. Failure to
comply with all or part of agreement will result in removal or locking of
meter with a $25.00 removal or lock fee and a $25.00 reset or unlock fee.
Payment of entire pay plan amount is required to restore service. We reserve the
right to refuse Pay Plan arrangements based on past payment history.
- A $25.00 service charge will be made for handling of all dishonored
checks or dishonored auto draft payments.
- If service is disrupted for non-payment, the following charges are
a) $10.00 for cut off and $10.00 for restoration.
b) $25.00 to remove or lock meter and $25.00 to reset or unlock
c) $45.00 to restore, reset or unlock after normal working hours
d) $100.00 if there is evidence of tampering with water meter or equipment.
This fee is to cover cost of service and equipment.
- Service Technicians are prohibited to accept payment for utility bills.
- Our Payment Center is located at 113 S. 3rd (previously a bank drive-thru).
For payments after hours, there is a night drop located at the Payment Center.