The City of Muskogee Purchasing Department is dedicated to providing excellent,
responsive and courteous services for city divisions and the community by:
- Implementing the policies of State laws, local ordinances, and administrative
procedures, thereby assuring the legality of the purchasing process.
- Coordinating a uniform procurement system to supply city operations with an
uninterrupted flow of materials and services.
- Buying competitively and wisely to obtain maximum value for the communities
- Promoting good, continuous vendor relations, as well as reliable alternate
sources of supply.
- Keeping inventory losses, due to deterioration and obsolescence, at a
In performing these services, the Purchasing Department promotes competition,
impartiality, conservation of funds, and fair and open operations, done in a
manner that ensures accountability, while seeking to realize the maximum value of